Monday, February 9, 2015

Painting of Mom

I am posting this Portrait of my mother Katherine Lapiana on the occasion of what would have been her 103rd  Birthday.  I painted this 16 X 20 oil during the summer of 2014. The painting was done from a colored pencil drawing which was fading since it was not done on acid free paper in hopes that I could preserve the image.  I changed the background to give a better contrast with her hair which was a beautiful shade of grey.  I am very pleased with my results despite the fact that it was only my second Portrait. I learned a lot about the colors seen in the human face and skin.  Portraiture is always a challenge to produce a reasonable, recognizeable likeness.
The painting is part of my personal collection.
(Copyright 2014 - Sunset Studio-Joe Lapiana)

No comments:

Post a Comment