Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Self Portrait - A Western Avenue Studio 326 Challenge

Challenges..........challenges!  This painting began as a challenge activity between my studio mates at Western Avenue in Studio 326.  We were all to create a self portrait in the medium of our choice. Some did sketches in pencil or pen, some in water colors, and some of us in oils.  Portrait painting is a difficult task and one that I learned a great deal from.  Most artists at some time or other in their career attempt a self portrait. I was reluctant to post this at the risk of readers thinking that I am vain, however, I was encouraged by friends to do so.  I do think that the painting looks somewhat like me and is a fair for a first attempt at figurative painting.  Looking at it makes me want to turn back the hands of time.......but what is, is!  With this post I have caught up with my posts after a long hiatus from this blog.  It does show that I have been working in the studio painting even though I was not blogging.  I really enjoy sharing a studio with other painters for the comraderie, constructive criticism, and fun afforded by activities such as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment