Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Breakfast Club Challenge

This photo was set  up as a challenge by Nita Legere Casey of the Nashua Area Artists Breakfast Club. The challenge was that painting of them was restricted to two colors, yellow ochre, and burnt sienna as well as black and white.   My challenge painting which appears below the challenge photograph was a great surprise to me in that before attempting this challenge, I really did not think that I could have achieved the many colors in this painting using such a restricted pallete.  This challenge was an incredeible learning exercise.  It is through challenges such as this that we grow as artists in our understanding of how to approach new art. I am very grateful to my artist friends in the "Breakfast Club" for the many things they have taught me and for their encouragement and support over the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment